Monday, October 11, 2010

Enter: Hyf

My tongue is a welcome mat. My eyes are the flashes of a red carpet.
Our hearts the very language that we use to communicate.

I would like to introduce you to myself. Nice to meet you.
This is my first post of what I hope will be fruitful blogging career.
In Ottawa, there have been many poets that have been sharing their
worlds with us through their blogs and I have enjoyed my experience keeping up
with my favorites. If you would have asked me one year ago if I was going to have a
blog I would have said it was for fashion aficionados and suckaz strictly, but now
I see that we are building culture - in the modern age.
I am part of this process of culture making, actually its more like a churning. In this process
I hope to add my flavor, spices and feed you with my secret recipes and humble knowledge and experiences so that we can elevate the mass consciousness of the people. That IS our primary function as the poetry vanguard - to elevate the consciousness of the masses. We all do this regardless of our awareness or acceptance of it. The difference is we are either helping to build or destroy. I cannot say I will always do one or the other, as I have done both in the past.
I CAN say that my intention for this is to Build and Heal.
Create love and higher understanding, spark the tribal revival in its new form and
produce some gritty-inner-city-country-longing-hip hop.
God Willing. I am a human being, a shy one at that, and not much of anything else.
All Praise Due to our...

Creator.

The Creator Created me. |
She Sustains me.
She Encapsulated me.
She Liberates Me.
She Will Destroy me.

Feel Free to...

No comments:

Post a Comment