Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Idle No More

Persuaded by children and blizzards
I crack the hard shell of indecision
proclaiming my reluctance in the belief
that I'm not so sure.
Sitting securely in my movement,
I think of water and light
Their enchanting dance through creation
I wonder for my friends
those who walk on fours, threes, those who fly
those who gallop and waddle across terrains
I can only dream of becoming familiar.
Standing stoic in my direction
I'm pensive about my food, its taste, its quality,
the nomadic ones that travel crippled from poison
meant to make it be something it is not
The colors that add vivaciousness to necessity of
feeding, from breasts of hands to poor to worry about
clenching their fists and screaming for serenity.
Running officiously through my inertia,
I propel my observation to the prospect of harmony
between those who look like me,
walk like me
think like me
but are of course, not me, but their own human selves.
Idolizing only the ability to say, We Are HERE,
And YEs We MOVE
Idle No More
Idle No More
Idle No More

No comments:

Post a Comment